You can think about starting your career in the IT Sector after 12th. According to a report, the IT sector will stay strong over the next upcoming years. Choosing a great career option after 12th grade is a difficult task. The career should be in students’ areas of interest, and it should also pay well. Students continue their 12th-grade education in various programs, including Commerce, Science, and Humanities, depending on the job subjects they are most interested in. However, it is critical to conduct a thorough study on post-secondary career opportunities available in their areas that are also aligned with their interests. Students nowadays select professional courses that assist them in obtaining quick employment after they complete the course. A career in IT sector after 12th is the most popular and preferred career path among them.
#1. Growth & Demand of IT Sector in India
According to a report, the IT sector’s growth rate is increasing and will stay strong over the next upcoming years. At this time, the COVID-19 pandemic has engulfed the entire planet, causing chaos in economies. The Indian IT industry is still exhibiting signs of life and has the ability to recover from this extraordinary disaster. The IT services have grown into a global economic powerhouse and a significant contributor to the Indian economy and the global economy in general.
Businesses need IT (Information Technology) to stay competitive and provide the most outstanding products & services to clients. Demand for skilled specialized IT experts increases as more firms discover ways to use technology to their advantage. Many individuals interested in starting a new profession may consider a career in IT sector after 12th for this and other reasons. In this blog, we’ll go over why you should pursue an IT career, how to get started, and some helpful pointers.
#2. Why Pursue an IT career?
The need for experienced hands in the IT industry is extreme, but supply is insufficient. Despite the increasing number of software and hardware training centres and schools, demand remains unsatisfied. There are numerous advantages or benefits to pursuing a career in IT, which includes:
- Dynamic progression – IT is constantly expanding as new technologies are launched, making it an excellent option for people who enjoy trying new skills.
- Job security – There are so many opportunities and high demand for IT professionals in this field. Additionally, this sector offers a high salary.
- Training choices that are affordable – The fees of training in this field is lower than the other industries.
#3. How to Enter the IT Sector?
The career in IT sector after 12th grade can be sought by individuals after completing a one and a half or two-year job-oriented study (particularly connected to hardware networking). The courses given below are offered in nearly every town and city:-
- Graduation level – The standard courses at graduation level are B.Sc., BCA, or BTech. The BTech (IT, or CS, etc.) is a 4-year engineering program offered by the IITs and other engineering colleges or universities. After passing the 12th grade (PCM), the candidate must take an entrance exam such as IITJEE or AIEEE to get admitted to this field. BCA and B.Sc. are 3-year programs offered by a variety of institutions and universities.
- Post-Graduation level – At this level, MCA and MTech are the most popular full-time courses. Technical topics such as artificial intelligence, graphics, computer design, theory of computing, animation, and others are taught in the MCA program using the C, C++, and JAVA languages. The most-minute elements of computer and information technology ideas are explained. Students should look out for the institutions accredited by the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education).
- An MPhil or PhD in IT or CS might be undertaken if you want to work in computer training or education. In the IT industry, research is also an up-and-coming alternative. Large software organizations are constantly researching new technology, requiring hiring highly efficient employees.
- As every business now has a personal computer, the demand for hardware-networking specialists is rapidly rising. Furthermore, there is a Hardware Networking course available, which is offered both by the government and private universities. These courses include instruction on how to assemble and repair a computer and how to replace or repair parts.
#4. Steps to Start a Career in IT sector
- Analyze Jobs and Career paths: Information technology (IT) is a vast sector with many skills. Cloud engineers, data scientists, software developers, and others are among them. Analyzing existing IT careers and positions will help you choose which ones best suit your current abilities, interests, and career objectives.
- Make A Shortlist: After completing your preliminary investigation, make a list of possible career paths. Continue to look for the qualities that will help you get hired for the employment you want. This allows you to concentrate on your education and training to better prepare for the IT positions you desire.
- Enrol in quality IT training: This will help you define the IT career path you started at the end of your education and boost your eligibility. Find the best relevant training for your objectives.
- Make contact with IT professionals: Before starting your career in IT sector, search for ways to interact with other IT experts. You can boost your chances of getting a job application by attending networking events where you are likely to meet them. These introductions are beneficial since they allow you to pursue a specific passion in a specialized industry.
- Freelance for Experience: After strengthening your functional IT abilities and expanding your network, freelancing is a great way to obtain experience. Freelancing is a great way to break into the IT industry because it allows you to obtain skills while building your business.
#5. Advice on how to Advance your Career in IT sector
- Obtain certifications in fields related to your career in IT. You can obtain certifications like Microsoft, CISM, Oracle, AWS Certified, and, much more.
- Make changes to your social media pages.
When searching for a new job, you must present yourself as professional, knowledgeable and qualified. As a result, it would be in your best interests to upgrade all of your social media pages to reflect your technological interests.
In today’s digital era, almost every organization requires an IT professional! There has never been a better moment to enter the IT services sector. There are numerous career prospects across all industries if you are proficient in the IT sector and have suitable expertise.