SEO refers to Search Engine Optimization & it is vital for improved searchability and visibility, but it also provides more real value. Here are few important reasons why businesses want SEO to advance their brand. Many brands and businesses are aware (or believe they are aware) of the importance of SEO for their digital domains, as well as the advantages of having SEO work done on their behalf.
Although SEO will undoubtedly increase a website’s overall searchability and visibility, what additional benefits can it provide? What is the significance of SEO? These reasons should help businesses understand why they need SEO to take their brand to the next level, regardless of their sector or size.
1. Organic Search Is Often the Primary Source of Website Traffic – Organic search is an important part of most businesses’ website performance, as well as a key component of the buyer funnel and ultimately encouraging people to convert or engage. As marketers are well aware, Google has a much higher share of the search market than competitors such as Yahoo, Bing, Baidu, Yandex, DuckDuckGo, and a slew of others. That isn’t to suggest that all search engines don’t help a business get seen; they do; it’s simply that Google controls roughly 75% of the global search market. It is the unmistakable leader, and hence its rules must be followed.
However, the remaining 25% of the market, which is controlled by other engines, is clearly significant to brands as well. Google is the most popular email provider in the world, as well as the most frequented website in the world. Not to mention the fact that YouTube is the second most popular search engine.
We know that the vast majority of the world’s internet users use Google at least once a day to obtain information. A brand’s visibility as a trustworthy resource on Google and other search engines will always work to its advantage. Brands get there thanks to good SEO and a good website.
2. Trust and credibility are built through SEO – Any experienced SEO’s goal is to lay a solid foundation for a beautiful website with a simple, effective user experience that is easily discoverable in search thanks to the brand’s trust and credibility and its digital properties. When it comes to search engines like Google, there are a lot of factors that go into creating authority. In addition to the aforementioned criteria, authority develops over time as a result of factors such as:
- Backlink profiles of high quality.
- User behavior that is positive.
- Signals from machine learning
- On-page elements and content have been optimized.
But, more than most, if not all, other digital improvements, building that authority will benefit a brand. The problem is that, just like in real life, it’s impossible to establish trust and credibility immediately. Over time, authority is acquired and built. It takes time, work, and commitment to establish a brand as an authority, but it also requires providing a valuable, high-quality product or service that allows customers to trust a brand.
3. A better user experience is also a result of good SEO – Everyone wants to improve their organic rankings and increase their visibility. Few people know that providing the best possible user experience is a key part of getting there. Google has figured out how to interpret a good or bad user experience, and a good user experience has become critical to a website’s success. Customers are well-informed about what they desire. There will be a problem if they cannot locate it. And as a result, performance will decrease.
Google’s evolution into a search engine that provides users with the information they seek immediately on the SERPs (search engine results pages) is an excellent example of how to create a positive user experience. The goal is to provide people with the information they need in fewer clicks, more quickly and conveniently. A positive user experience is included in quality SEO, and it is leveraged to work to a brand’s advantage.
4. The Buying Cycle is Affected by SEO – Customers conduct due diligence. From the standpoint of a buyer, this is one of the most significant advantages of the internet. The importance and dependability of what you provide customers will be a game-changer if you use SEO strategies to transmit your messaging for exceptional prices, breakthrough products and/or services, and the importance and dependability of what you offer customers. When done correctly, it will surely have a favorable impact on the buying cycle.
5. SEO Best Practices are updated on a regular basis – It’s great to have Search Engine Optimization tactics implemented on a brand’s website and across its digital properties, but if the engagement is only short-term (due to budget constraints, for example) and the site isn’t re-evaluated on a regular basis, it will reach a point where it can no longer improve due to other roadblocks. Because the search world moves at Google’s discretion, staying ahead of the competition and, presumably, on Page 1 necessitates continual monitoring for changes.
Being proactive and keeping an eye on important algorithm updates will always help the brands that do so. Google, as we all know, performs thousands of algorithm adjustments each year. It will be quite tough to catch up if you fall too far behind. SEO experts can assist in avoiding this.
6. Understanding SEO will assist you in comprehending the web’s environment – It can be difficult to remain on top of developments as they occur in the ever-changing environment that is the World Wide Web. However, staying on top of Search Engine Optimization necessitates being aware of important changes in the search landscape. Knowing the online environment, especially the strategies employed by other local, comparable firms and competitors, will always be advantageous to those brands.
7. SEO Is a Relatively Low-Cost Service – Yes, it is costly. Isn’t that what the best things do? But, in the larger scheme of things, SEO is quite inexpensive, and the reward will almost certainly be significant in terms of a brand’s benefit and bottom line. This isn’t a marketing expense; it’s a genuine investment in your company. For years to come, good SEO implementation will hold up. And, like most things in life, the more attention (and investment) it receives, the better.
Implementing robust, high-quality Search Engine Optimization on a company’s website and digital properties will always benefit the company and its marketing efforts. It’s a “new age” marketing tactic, but it’s vital to a company’s online presence in this day and age, especially as the amount of data available and the competition grow.